244 College St

Classic Revival Style | c. 1908

Built as a residence for John C. Holmes, the owner of a candy factory. Later it was the headquarters for the Pilot Club International, a civic organization for executive and business women, which was founded in Macon in 1921 and now has clubs in North America and several foreign countries.  It was returned to residential use in 2006.  Notice the embossed metal frieze and finely carved columns with Corinthian capitals.  The interior features a fine stained glass window and beautiful parquet flooring.

 


rdm_07.png